Brad 'Quake' Riddell [UFC]
From: Christchurch, New Zealand
Fighting Out Of: City Kickboxing
Division: LightweightLearn More
1. People don’t realise that just 2% dehydration can lead to up to 20% performance decrement. ~ Jordan Sullivan
2. Plain water is not as affective at rehydrating your body compared to oral rehydration solutions (read more).
3. Dehydration can lead to a lack of reaction time, decrease in cognitive ability and a decrease in endurance based performance.
4. A 2015 study in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning found that among 59 athletes (running, gymnastics, swimming, basketball, canoeing) that 89% of the athletes were dehydrated first thing in the morning and over 75% of them were dehydrated going into practice!
5. The University of Connecticut has conducted a study that showed that whether you were exercising on a treadmill or stationary for 30 minutes the negative effects of mild dehydration were the same 🤯